Monday, December 21, 2015

Pink, Purple and Pretty

My Awesome Grandma customer brought me another quilt top to sandwich and quilt for a grandchild!  This time.......for a girl!!!!  Yay!  I love girl quilts and feel so much more fluid when doing beautifully flowing designs.  So here's Pink, Purple and Pretty:





This is really a simple, modern, fun, cute quilt.  A quilty friend did this pattern with a group of us for someone diagnosed with cancer.  It was a gift to provide a little quilty comfort and love during chemotherapy.  Each woman brought a designated quantity of blocks and they were all pooled together.  All the fabrics were different but the quilt turned out lovely

This quilt is basically a square in a square followed by a plain square cut block.  All the dark center cuts are from this fabric:

Pink, Purple and Pretty is for a 13 year old who loves pink and purple.  So I used a lavender 50 weight Aurifil thread in both the top and bobbin and took advantage again of my new found quilt design from Tracey with Whirls 'N Swirls.  I just love this allover motif, especially for girls.  It is such a fluid and moving design and is a wonderful break from flowers sand hearts.  And.....it is just soooooooo cute!






Again with all the other quilts brought to me by Awesome Grandma, this quilt is flannel both top and back.  And the back???  Love it!  The fabric is such a gorgeous purple.



I still have quilts to complete for customers but the Christmas rush has subsided and I hope to enjoy some of my own creativity today.  Have an awesome Christmas week and enjoy every moment with family and friends as you celebrate the birth of our Savior!





1 comment: