Monday, July 27, 2015

My Own Jesus Goggles!

Before I get to my own little wall hanging for my quilt studio, I thought I would share a small taste of Wyoming with the annual Cheyenne Frontier Days & Rodeo held the last full week in July.  


Besides a circuit rodeo and all that goes with it, one thing that is actually fun, is the pancake breakfast held Monday, Wednesday and Friday.  Thousands of people file through for a free (yes FREE!) breakfast of pancakes with syrup, ham and coffee.  The most amazing part of the event is how it is pulled off.  How, you say, do they handle all the pancake batter?  No problem.........


A cement mixer (I'm sure it's up to health code) holds all the batter you will need along with huge griddles for the cooking:



Boy scouts are behind the cooks with large trays.  The cooks flip the pancakes in the air and the boy scouts catch them on the trays.  I was unable to get a photo of that in action this year.  

The line to get your breakfast is probably at least a half mile long but it moves incredibly fast and the wait is probably no more than 15-20 minutes and the morning is filled with entertainment and fun.  Everyone needs to experience the Frontier Days Pancake Breakfast!  So if you are ever in Cheyenne, Wyoming the last full week of July...........!


My Own Jesus Goggles

If you followed the quilts my friend Debbie and I made for Elijah and Autumn following their automobile accident, you will probably remember the small momento I made for Elijah's mom called "Jesus Goggles".  She had shared a post of one of her darkest moments and called it Jesus Goggles because God showed her how she needed to look at the entire situation with Goggles that would allow her to see things as Jesus would see them.  Check out my prior posts for a photo.

Well, I loved that so much that I decided to make my own Jesus Goggles wall hanging from scraps for my quilt studio.  I am needing some cheery quilty hangings for it and this would be perfect.  So, here is my own rendition of Jesus Goggles:

At the bottom of the inner border I uses the alphabet on my Nina and wrote "A reminder to look at every moment of life through Jesus Goggles"

I had a little fun with  of the quilting:




I often forget to take photos of the back but caught it this time:


I love this little quilt and need all the reminders I can get.  Once I get a sleeve put on, it will hang above my sweet sixteen.

Hope you enjoyed my quilty fun and a fast of Cheyenne.  Have a fantastic week!







1 comment:

  1. Sounds crazy eating pancakes with batter coming from a cement mixer! I love that you will have your own Jesus Goggles quilt. A beautiful reminder,

    ReplyDelete