Thursday, July 23, 2015

Lavender

Oh my goodness!  Where is summer going to so quickly?!?!  Life has been busy but very delightful.  We spent nine days in Cody, Wyoming in the outdoors and playing tennis tournaments.  While there, I stopped here:






What a fun quilt shop!  It has everything!  I usually plan to leave at least two hours open to spend some time at Friends and Company.  So if you are ever in Cody, check it out.

I also spent time in Denver with Hubby while he was working.  While there, I visited quilt shops in the area and spent a couple of days with Elijah Lowry and his family.  I had the opportunity to give his family a couple of breaks, attend some therapy sessions and feed him lunch.  I was so blessed.  I understand that since changing his medicine right before I left, Elijah is progressing rapidly and is reading and talking a lot!  I truly praise God for that progress.  It was awesome to see everyone.  You can find out about Elijah and Autumn here:  https://elijahandautumn.wordpress.com

Not only have I spent time "running around", I have also started working just a couple of afternoons each week at Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing here in Cheyenne.  It's just enough and I love it!  Because I own the Bernina 750QE and the Bernina 350, I will be providing customer support and education for Berninas, the Tiara and Handiquilter sit-down machines and the Babylock sergers.  Mid October will find me in Aurora, Illinois at the Bernina training center.  Oh my, I hope I am ready for this!  I will also still be moderating the Quilt Club each month.  

Finally, quilt shows are beginning to fill the late summer and early fall months and quilters are finishing up their winter projects and I have been hit hard!  Photos will be coming in the near future of some of the quilts I have been working on.  But first, those quilts for show were put on hold for just a bit while I quilted an adorable baby quilt for a precious quilting friend.  I call this quilt Lavender because the lavender colors in it, actually all the colors in it, are stunningly beautiful together.  The quilt is very simple but quite lovely.


The center area was quilted with echoed swirls:



while the inner border was very simple with loops.


The outer border was quilted with what I call pansy feathers with a vine coming into each pansy petal.  Each corner stone was embellished with my favorite:  a feathered heart. 



 I just love this little quilt.  It measured approximately 42 inches square and will be much loved by a much loved grand baby and her mother.

Have an awesome weekend and join me as I link up with http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com on Wednesday, Needle and Thread Thursday at http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com and http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com on Friday as I check out what other quilters are up to.











4 comments:

  1. Loved reading your update! I will have to add that loopy border to my must try. Looks like I can make that one look good! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've missed you, Penny! Beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your playing my song! Feathers! Love the loops in the one border too, and yes the colours just sing. What a cute shop too, and Bernina - yep, my song too; I've had my girl since 2003, love her. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! And what a beautiful baby quilt. Love all the quilting on it. Your feathered hearts look amazing.

    ReplyDelete