Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Christina's Baby Quilt

As a prelude to talking about Christina's Baby Quilt, I do want to mention that Elijah's quilt was delivered this past Wednesday.  Elijah showed emotion the minute I began talking and opening the quilt.  He was quite touched.  I was not quite prepared for his reaction but so greatly enjoyed the time together.  Elijah is slowly beginning to talk and they are working with him to apply weight to his legs.  He will be transferred to Craig Hospital on July 7th.  Such an exciting step for a young man who was diagnosed to be a vegetable the remainder of his life.  God is faithful!  Thank you for continuing to pray for Elijah and Autumn.   Autumn's quilt was delivered Friday while I was in Denver with my husband on business.  I had to leave it at the nurses station as Autumn was in therapy but did have opportunity to speak with her father the day prior.  He was very touched and very real about his reaction to all that has happened within his family.  We look forward to seeing both Elijah and Autumn improve under the hand of God.

So......I made this baby quilt for a sweet friend of mine who was having a baby girl.  I LOVE baby girls.  Now, I love baby boys too, but baby girls are super fun to sew for with all the lovely bright girly colors. I live with three boys:  one husband, one son and one dog.   So I took a couple of charm packs of Scrumptious along with some white background fabric and made half square triangles.  Hence, this quilt is made completely from half square triangles.  I absolutely love this quilt.  The free motion quilting is an all over heart with swirls, surrounded by what I call pansy feathers.

I love what you can do with half square triangles.  The whole pattern depends on how you rotate the blocks.





This quilt turned out so pretty that I put it on my google plus main board.  

Join me this Wednesday as I link up with http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com, Needle and Thread Thursday at http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com and http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com on Friday.  So come join the fun and see what other quilters are up to.










5 comments:

  1. When I read hearts with loops, I was thinking I just did that on my quilt too. Then I looked at your quilting...no, I didn't just do that! Yours is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love half square triangle quilts, and yours is just perfect for a little girl. It's very sweet and I bet both she and her mother will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baby girl quilts are fun to make, and this one is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great baby quilt! love what you did with the hst.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet quilt!

    ReplyDelete