Thursday, June 18, 2015

It's a finish! - Elijah's quilt!

Yes, Elijah's quilt is finished and has already been signed by some pretty awesome friends with some pretty awesome notes of encouragement!.  Read my early posts for information and updates on the stories of Elijah & Autumn.  Elijah improves almost every day; yesterday he received a breath of fresh air as friends joined him for a time outside in the refreshing Rocky Mountain sunshine and air.  He is still not totally coherent but is responding to some commands and I hear his  smiles and smirks are a riot.  I also have Autumn's quilt in my position with signatures and hope to get both delivered within the next week.  Check out their stories here:  https://elijahandautumn.wordpress.com



This quilt contains an amazing amount of love in the hearts of those who gave their written encouragement.  Both young and old showed up at a local park on Wednesday for a time of fellowship and games.  Both quilts were made available for signatures and it was amazing to see everyone so thrilled with the opportunity to show their support.  




Because I wanted to keep the background fabric free from stitching, most of this quilt is stitched in the ditch.  The colored patched were quilted with an eight sided figure.......


and the borders were quilted with a simple "I" (or l) and "e"

Thank each of you for your support as I made Elijah's quilt and as Debbie in San Antonio made Autumn's.  It was a blessing.

Now it's time to move on!  Quilts are awaiting'.  I hope to spend some time working on a hunter's star but for contract quilting, this will be my next friend...and it's a big one


The quilt block is a disappearing nine patch and it was made with some lovely batiks as well as a moda marble.


And the quilting?  This swirl seems to be popular lately and I can certainly understand why.  It's beautiful and a great overall design.


This quilt is for a young boy so because of the colors, I tend to call it  "army".  

Thank you for joining me as I link up with    http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com







3 comments:

  1. Are you quilting the army quilt freehand or is it a panto? Elijah's quilt is simply amazing. Makes me want to cry! So much love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny, this is wonderful! I would love to see the smile on his face when he receives it!! Fabulous work. What a blessing! You are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice to see everyone supporting them and signing the quilts. Great job! And your swirls are absolutely beautiful. It is one of my favorite FMQ designs.

    ReplyDelete