Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Fabric Baskets!

Before I get into my fabric baskets, for those interested, Elijah has started laughing and has brought great joy to his family.  I am so excited to get to go see he and his mom tomorrow morning and deliver the quilt.  I hope he has a good night's rest so he is doing well.  My son will be joining me and is really looking forward to seeing his friend.  I will be contact Autumn's family to see if I might deliver her quilt Friday morning while in Denver on a business trip with my hubby.  You can find out about Elijah and Autumn in prior posts.

FABRIC BASKETS

I took a little bit of time these past couple of days for myself and made some adorable hanging fabric baskets for my quilting room.  They are a tutorial taken from The Mother Huddle and posted on this website:  http://www.u-createcrafts.com/creative-guest-hanging-storage-baskets. I had been wanting something for a while that I could have close by to dump scraps from cutting.  Using "Nesting", by Patrick Lose, there is now a large one to the right of my pressing area:


That was so much fun after finding the forgotten hanger, that I made another large one to the right of my cutting area using Summer Song 2 by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake Designs ( I love this designer):


Now I was REALLY in the mood and decided I needed something next to my Sweet Sixteen in which to drop my tension gauge, gloves, bobbin case screwdriver, scissors, etc.  So a smaller one there using Just Dreaming 2 by Riley Blake designs:

Did I say I love Riley Blake designs?!


Since I am left handed, I also needed something to the right side of my Sweet Sixteen right in which to drop threads with my right hand when quilting.  This one needed to be hanging down but I didn't want it flopping forward so I hung it on a cheap toilet paper holder and taped it under my Handiquilter table with Gorilla Tape.    I thought this was incredibly inventive.   


OK, so why stop at four?  I need a  weee bit more organizing above my pressing area.  I stepped WAYYYYY out of my comfort zone and added a new Kaffe Fassett fabric into the mix.  When purchased, I though it would make an awesome tote fabric as well.  


I just LOVE all my new fabric baskets!  These were sew fun to make.  I made them hanging because I really don't have much room to  sit them down on cabinets.  

I've made so many changes to my quilt studio since remodeling, I may have to take new pictures!

I'll be linking up Wednesday with Let's Bee Social at  http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com, Needle and Thread Thursday at http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com and http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com on Friday.  So come join in the fun and see what other quilters are up to!

4 comments:

  1. Laughter is good medicine! Your baskets are so cute. I love that they are hanging. I have yet to motivate myself into sewing something along those lines. I think they are a little intimidating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute! And helpful. Love the splashes of color in your room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous little baskets - thanks so much for sharing the link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This very afternoon as I was cutting on my counter in my laundry/sewing room, I was thinking of ways I could add some under cabinet storage for my scissors, etc and all I came up with was I'll have to wait until I get to Minneapolis to IKEA to get some of those pails and rails. Well, low and behold, I glanced at your project and it is just perfect for what I need and way cuter than pails. Thanks for the inspiration. Bravo!!

    ReplyDelete