Saturday, January 2, 2016

Happy New Year!


It's a few days late but family has taken the spotlight.  Thank you so much for helping me get off the ground on my first full year of blogging.  I have so much fun sharing my faith and my quilty life and thoroughly enjoy seeing all the creativity in the quilting community.

The year 2015 proved to be an exciting one.  Here's a quick photo recap of some of the excitement:

 New Machines













Remodeling


Teaching Free Motion Quilting

Difficulties
Our son's childhood friend, Elijah, and his girlfriend Autumn, were in a tragic automobile accident on Friday, May 8th.  Rehabilitation has been a long road and will continue for some time but my son was full of joy to spend time with Elijah at his home the week of Christmas and added to his excitement was seeing Elijah without a cane.  That is a far cry from robot legs!  My friend Debbie and I will forever remember the signature quilts made for Elijah and Autumn.



Bernina Training


25 Customer quilts
(these are the highlights)




My Son's High School Graduation



2015 Finishes
With all that going on, my personal quilting suffered but as I reviewed my completions, I was actually surprised at how much really was accomplished.  So here are some clips of my 2015 finishes (excluding those included in my previous post).









2016 Goals
1.  Learn to look at my craft as a gift and ministry from God and enjoy every moment of it.
2.  Enjoy my life and family to the utmost!
3.  Make more sewing time for ME!  
4.  Allot more time to spend with friends.
5.  I'm joining the stash buster bandwagon!  Use at least 50 yards of stash and two precuts.
6.  Provide an update on my stash goals every quarter.
7.  Complete at least 12 scrapbook pages (my son's plan).
8.  Attend the Houston Quilt Festival!
9.  Complete at least ten quilty Christmas gifts for December of 2016!
10. Visit my quilty friend, Debbie, in San Antonio! (and family!)

I've been checking out all the New Year goals.  I hope you accomplish the goals you have set but above all, enjoy your life and the lives of those around you.  Time flashes by too quickly.  So again I wish each and every one of you a fantastic 2016!

6 comments:

  1. You are a constant source of inspiration for me ...our friendship is a gift straight from God. I'm honored to be among your goals! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I found your blog about a month ago and I have read it all, including Elijah and Autumn's blog. I feel like we are friends who have not met yet. I am a Christian woman who loves to quilt also. Your faith speaks fully in your posts and I am inspired by it. Thank you for sharing.
    Shelia stitchedfromtheheart@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I left a comment above and I can see it, I was wondering if you can see it. I had a mail delivery failure email. Thanks.
    Shelia stitchedfromtheheart@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Shiela, I received your comment. I will see if I can email direct to make sure you get this replay. What an encouragement you are. Thank you so much for contacting me. Will see if we can become friends by email. The body of Christ has no bounds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been so productive. I wish you the best with your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you have had a very busy year with lots of beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete