Friday, January 8, 2016

Life is Better with Friends!

Today was Quilt Club over at Blakeman Vacuum & Sewing and one thing I have decided to do each month this year is to share stash busting ideas.  This little cutie was my first idea for the year.  It was inspired by a September 2, 2013 blog post at http://www.sameliasmum.com/2013/09/life-is-better-with-friends-mini-quilt.html?spref=bl#.VpCB1DaYdxj.  I have no idea how I found this blog but am so glad I did.   This little project was so fun to complete and only took a few hours.  I can't wait to add a hanging sleeve to the back and put it up in my quilting room.  With this little quilt that finished at 15 1/2" square, I used up one-half of a charm back and a fat quarter.   I have several quilts to get back to for clients but another one of these may be in my near future.

Another idea I presented was a bookmark made with decorative stitches found on my Bernina 770.  Too many times we have all those stitches and have no idea how to use them. This bookmark is approximately 2 3/4" wide by 7" inches long and was stitched with decorative stitches using Isacord thread in bright shades of blue, yellow, pink and green.   So if you need to utilize some of those gorgeous decorative stitches you paid for, try a bookmark!  


It's a little late to get this post in, but I am still going to link up to http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com to see what creative quilting and finishes everyone is up to.  

Have a great weekend; may God do something special in your life this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. That little bird quilt is adorable! Something I feel like I could accomplish. Thanks for posting. :-)
    Martha

    ReplyDelete
  2. What fun projects. Love the little birds.

    ReplyDelete