Friday, March 11, 2016

Pillow Shams for Texas!

I am so excited to show this somewhat unusual Finish up Friday project (at least unusual for me).  Things are winding down on two commission quilts/bedspreads being completed for a customer who lives in Texas.  All that is left to do is the hand work for the binding.  Since my customer has seen photos, I thought I would show one of the two king-size quilted pillow shams she asked I make to accompany the quilts.

This is Moda Blackbird designs fabric and is stunningly gorgeous.  This particular fabric is also the binding for the quilts.  Each sham is completed quilted, front and back with feathers.

There is a 2" double stitched flange on each side and on the top of each pillow sham as well.


Rather than a back envelope opening, a bottom button closer was requested.  There are four buttons spread out across the bottom of each pillow sham.


The seams of the pillows shams were finished with my serger to provide a quality product.

This was quite a different project for me but I have already been asked to make shams for another client.  They are truly quite finished in appearance with the bottom button closure.

Hope you enjoyed something different!  I'll be linking up over at http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com for Finish it up Friday as well as some of the parties on my side bar.  Come joint the fun!

4 comments:

  1. That is so pretty! I want to make some, but I think I'll wait until I get a new quilt on my bed. I like how you quilted it with feathers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow your quilting is amazing! Love those feathers ... lucky customer :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are beautiful. I've been thinking about making quilted pillow shams lately. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is some pretty fabric, and I really like how you did the pillow shams. Great quilting, too!

    ReplyDelete