Friday, March 4, 2016

Multi-pocket Ruler Pouch

Last week I posted about this ruler pouch I designed and made from scraps for my large rulers:

This week I decided to make a multi-pocket pouch for my smaller rulers.  My problem was the varied sizes.  I had these 8 1/2" rulers.


These 6 and 6 1/2" rulers"


and these 2 1/2" and 4" rulers

I wanted to have everything hanging together but still have every ruler showing out of the pouch so I knew what I had. 

My goal this time was to use my 2" square scraps.  So I laid out the largest of each set of rulers side by side with a little room between each set.  That gave me the length (or width) of how long the pouch should be.  I then made it about 10" high to accommodate the 8 1/2" rulers.  

Once it was made, I stitched vertical lines between where each set would go.  For the 6" rulers I stitched a horizontal line the width of that area, about 2" above the bottom of the pouch.  For the smaller rulers, I stitched a line about 1" below the top of the pouch so even the 2 1/2" ruler would show.  Here's what it looks like completed.



I love how it turned out.  As you can see, all the rulers stick up from the front pouch so I can see what I have.  Another great finish for me!

Have a fantastic weekend!  Come visit some of the links on my side bar and see what the quilty community is up to.

8 comments:

  1. now all you have to do is remember to put them away when you're done! haha. very handy little hanger. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. visiting from crazy mum quilts. What a handy bit of quilting. very effective

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations - what a great idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic results, and a great look! Useful on so many levels. Visiting from crazy mom quilts; fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great system and the extra seams are hidden in the patchwork.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh ... wonderful solution ...I'm going to copycat you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very Clever! I recognize some of those fabrics! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great make - love the colours.

    ReplyDelete