Friday, July 29, 2016

Vintage Farmhouse Customer Quilt

VINTAGE FARMHOUSE QUILT


My awesome customer, Linda, brought this Lori Holt pattern to me for quilting and I absolutely love it!  She did a fantastic job with the fabric selections and is thinking about entering it in the county fair; it should fit great!

Linda requested that the quilting be very simple and mainly accent the blocks.  Perfect!  It's hard to see the quilting on the blocks but I picked out the ones that stood out and hopefully you will enjoy them.  You can see things better by enlarging the screen on your computer.















As you can see in some of the blocks we went with leaves and swirls throughout the sashing but in a soft yellow.  The blocks were quilted in white and, of course, both threads were Aurifil 50 weight cotton.



And finally, the border.  Linda came up with the general idea of this design and I absolutely love it!  Makes me think of old fashioned mending on blue jeans!


I would love to piece even a couple of blocks from this pattern.  So cute!    I hope you enjoyed Linda's Vintage Farm Girl Quilt!

That's my finish for the week!  Check out some of the links from my sidebar to see what everyone else is crafting and quilting.  And of course, check out Finish it up Friday with Crazy Mom Quilts at:http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com






1 comment:

  1. The FarmHouse quilt is darling. Your quilting looks great too. I'm sure she will be tickled with the results.

    ReplyDelete