Thursday, September 1, 2016

Auction Quilt Finish

I love this quilt!  I am usually more classic and this stretches me beyond limits but I love the fabric by Edyta Sitar and got a super deal on Craftsy so it was a good time to try it.  It worked great in the Breezy Batiks pattern used for a quilt along at the quilt club I host at our local vacuum and sewing dealer in town.

Little did I know my husband would ask me to do something as a fundraiser for Recover Wyoming (he sits on the Board), a program that assists recovering addicts of all types transition into society as functioning citizens as well as help them stay in recovery.  They will be having their annual fundraiser September 23rd and this quilt was perfect.  It is complete; all I have to do is quilt it.

So I've been doing a chronicle of the quilting process on my Facebook page starting with the sandwiching:







to thread and designs.


I've done the orange peel stitch with this lavender Floriani thread in the 2" squares and am ready to start the star blocks with this compass design:


using these rulers/templates:

I've actually already completed several of the stars and background but haven't gotten to that point on Facebook yet.  I am just getting to the point of talking about the thread choice or choices.  So that will be a good post for next week!  Or you can look me up on Facebook using my name:  Penny Olive.   

Have a great Labor Day weekend!  Check out the quilty spots on my side bar and don't forget Crazy Mom Quilts (if she's back from her break) at:  http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com




4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful I love how bright it is and I look forward to seeing that compass design quilted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful quilt! I love the fabrics.
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt and how nice to donate it to such a worthy cause. It's a great design to use up some scraps. love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I think that looks so lovely. The colours and fabrics are gorgeous and I really like the way you intend or have begun quilting. Looking forward to seeing this complete.

    ReplyDelete