Friday, September 30, 2016

Kitty in the Window!

Kitty in the Window!

Thanks to the kind comments on Step Out Of The Box!  I worked intensely for over a month on that quilt and I was "dog" tired!  So I decided to chase a cat!  :)  

Seriously, this quilt was brought to me by a customer during the process of the auction quilt.  She said she could wait until the end of September so I told her I would fit it in between Step Out Of The Box and other customer quilts I still need to get done.  It was a magnificent break; love this little quilt (even if I'm not a cat person)!

So Kitty in the Window measures approximately 20" x 26" and is a wedding gift for a friend of the owner.  I used Aurifil 50 weight thread throughout this quilt in a few different colors.  

Here's how I broke it down:  first, stitch in the ditch around the designs and then around the inner section and the outer border.  Next, background quilting in the blue window and a few way lines across the vase for security.

Then some swirls in the top of the cat to give a little texture and straight lines with ruler on the window sill to add depth.

And finally, I LOVE FEATHERS!  So yes, feathers around the top and two sides in a light rose shade and then on the bottom in a light blue.


Absolutely love this little quilt!



So have a great weekend.  Link up with some of the spots on my sidebar and as always, Crazy Mom Quilts here:http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com






4 comments:

  1. It's a darling quilt, lots of texture. I'm especially impressed with the quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great quilting and what a fun quilt! You really know how to drop some texture into a quilt. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is darling. I like the 3D aspects, but were they hard to work with?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet quilt, your client must have been thrilled with it

    ReplyDelete