Friday, October 27, 2017

Linda's Feathered Star Quilt

When Linda first brought her Feathered Star Quilt for quilting, my first thought was "Oh my, how do I get myself into these situations?"  It is gorgeous and I wanted to do it justice!


I think it turned out lovely but it all started with Linda's ideas, plexiglass and a dry erase marker.  This is the process I follow almost every time a quilt comes in:  draw!



Many times it's just a brainstorming process and in this case we simplified the quilting in the blocks in the bottom photo substantially.

The quilting was done with 50 weight Aurifil thread and Hobbs Tuscany 80/20 Cotton/Wool batting.  The main thrust of the quilting was feathers and beautiful ruler work with Linda Hrcka's rulers from The Quilted Pineapple.  



I think it turned out beautifully!  I'll let the quilting speak for itself.









Linda is an awesome quilter and I am honored each time she trusts me with her jewels!  This is definitely one of them!

Enjoy your weekend and check out some of the quilty spots on my sidebar.  Hope you get to quilt soon!


4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt and beautiful quilting!! What is the pattern name?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just lovely, beautiful feathers and cross hatching. Really compliments the quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is gorgeous and adds a lot to her amazing quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! I really love it. Such great ruler work.

    ReplyDelete