Sunday, August 2, 2015

Serger Retreat!

I had a magnificent Thursday, Friday and Saturday this weekend over at Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing in Cheyenne.  Since I have been asked to provide customer support for our Babylock sergers, not to mention I own Eva (see one of my first posts), I decided I needed to know more than the basics.  This class was totally awesome and the Babylock sergers are out of this world!  The class was taught by Sue Green Baker, Babylock serger diva and she was fantastic:


Although I have the Evolution (love it!), we all used the top of the line Ovation:
And that's the master arranger of it all, Chris Blakeman.

The class started with the very basics of threading the machines.  If you haven't seen these air threaders, you would be blown away!  Threading is awesome!  

Sue had a complete book for us to use to go through as she instructed using a projector and document camera.  We also had packets of fabric each day to complete our own samples.  The presentation and instruction was great!

We ended the event with the final day (Saturday) spent mostly on how to use the coverstitch, which other sergers cannot do.  I was awed at this sample quilt using the coverstitch:

Isn't that amazing.  The Ovation can handle up to a twin size quilt in it for the coverstitch.  This quilt was made using the quilt as you go method, which is what I will have to do because the Evolution has a much smaller throat space.

So if you ever have a chance to attend a Sue Green Baker event, jump on it.  You will be thrilled!

Have a great Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment