Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Sunshine!

Another busy week!  We had a wonderful visit this past week with my hubby's sister and her husband and just took them back to the airport on Tuesday.  Now I am busy preparing to spend the weekend quilting on the Tiara for Blakeman Vacuum & Sewing at the local annual quilt show. It should be a super weekend.  Two recent finishes for customers, Christmas in July and Asian Feathers, will be in the show.  I am looking forward to checking them out hanging up.

And........another customer finish!  I don't know what she will call it, but my name is Sunshine because it is exceedingly cheery with a nice sunny day feeling.   This was actually from a Thangles class taken at our local quilt store.  Sunshine is just gorgeous!


The quilting was kept simple.  The owner wanted an all-over design so again, we went with my most popular design that fit the feeling of the quilt and in this case it was again the swirls.  The owner provided a light yellow 50 weight Aurifil thread for this center portion.


We kept the borders very simple yet elegant and classic with very simple feathers and for this we used a dark chocolate 50 weight Aurifil thread that blended perfectly with the border fabric.





The backing was a beautiful orange fabric from Connecting Threads.  It worked perfectly.








I am thrilled with how this very lovely quilt finished.  That brings me down to two customer quilts remaining and one is a king size for a friend that is already half done.  Yay!

Hop on over with me to http://sewfreshquilts.blogspot.com on Wednesday, 
http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com on Thursday and http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com on Friday!

Happy quilting to all!!

4 comments:

  1. Great quilting, I really like the feathers in the border.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love that swirl pattern and the feathers... well... you KNOW how I feel about your feathers! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful quilt, beautiful quilting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such pretty quilting. I love swirls and feathers! And how fun to have some in the show.

    ReplyDelete