Thursday, September 17, 2015

Quilting on the road!

Yes, we are on the road with the RV this week in beautiful Lander, Wyoming,  Home of the Wind River Mountains!  This is a view of the area from the RV park, which is situated on a hill top.


Our home for a total of 6 days:

While hubby is in training, I brought my little Nina along and am doing some refreshing sewing.  Yay!

I took a Craftsy class with Kimberly Einmo recently and love her Hunter Star Quilt with jelly roll strips and no set in seams.  In fact, I like all her designs.  So I pulled out a fat quarter bundle of fabric that has been sitting in my stash for a couple of years.  I knew I wanted a Christmas quilt but could not come up with a design.  The hunter star was it.  So, after cutting and prep work, it got stuck in my carrying case and brought to the mountains for a few days of uninterruped sewing.  Actually, I started on this last weekend at a retreat in Cheyenne but most of the time was spent cutting and sewing jelly roll strips.

Here's my sewing room:

That's our Lab, Cowboy, in the background saying hello.  Actually, he's telling me I interrupted his sleep.

I am planning a 4x4 grid and here are my stars in progress:



The finished stars will look like this:


I don't know for sure how everything will fall together as I am planning it as I go but the fabric is stunning; it is Moda Sentiments by Three Sisters.  It is actually the same fabric Kimberly Einmo used for the class.

Well, it's time to get back to my stars.  I am ready to add the background fabric.  I hope you have a wonderful week.  Join me as I take a little break from sewing periodically to see what fun things everyone is doing.  I'll be visiting  http://myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com today and tomorrow I will check out http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com.  



5 comments:

  1. Love your star. Hope your trip is fun and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the star! You fabrics are so pretty. Enjoy your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quilting on the go looks fun, but cramped. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Penny, have a wonderful 6 days in Lander, Don and I lived there for 12 years and raised our 3 boys there. My quilting partner there was Pat Irvine. This was back in 1977 to 1988. She bought her first gammill in 1979 I think (long time ago lol) they have come a long way in longarms since then.

    ReplyDelete