Friday, November 27, 2015

A Quilt for Joy!

I hope everyone had a most glorious day of Thanksgiving; we had a wonderful time with a couple of friends.  Today we head to Denver for a little Christmas shopping and to help sort boxes for Operation Christmas Child.  Before we head out, I am thrilled to have another finish, albeit for a customer.

A couple of posts ago I shared "A Quilt for Rose":  a beautiful little girl quilt completed with the Turning Twenty pattern for five year old Rose.






This quilt is for three year old sister Joy; both are to be given for Christmas by the grandma.  The quilt pattern is more of the square in a square concept but both were made with the same fabric by Riley Blake.


The body of Joy's quilt was quilted with the same design I used for Rose's quilt,  with the same 40 weight soft pink Signature Thread.  The quilt design was taken from Tracey with Whirls 'n Swirls Quilting out of Canada.  Tracey has great, unique, quilting designs she presents each week on youtube.com.  If you are a longarm or free motion quilting, definitely check her out.




Another difference between these two quilts is that Joy's quilt has a large red border in which I quilted simple free form feathers.



And finally, Joy's name was embroidered in Blue (torquoise) towards the middle of the quilt.


Like the quilt for Rose, Joy's quilt also had minky on the back but Joy's was done in a beautiful light, soft, pink:


It's amazing to me how two quilts can look entirely different with the same fabric.  Both are beautiful and I'm sure will be most treasured.  

Apparently both children AND their mother have seen the quilt tops and are waiting in anticipation for the finished quilts.  They have no idea that each has been personalized with their name.  I wish I were a little elf in their house Christmas morning!

Enjoy black Friday and all the great deals out there!  I will be taking my computer with me so I can hook up to wifi and check in with http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com






4 comments:

  1. Love that quilting! I'm going to check out those youtube videos. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful quilts (and totally agree with how amazing yet so different they each look out of the same fabric) and beautiful quilting job! Thanks for that link! I am now subscribed to her and have her on my Watch Later list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice - your quilting is awesome. great job! micki@2dogsstudio.us

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love coordinating but unique quilts. Your quilting on this is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete