Friday, November 6, 2015

A Quilt for Rose!

Sometimes it feels like life has become overwhelming!  I've been in that boat again!  So it's time to rein in the wandering mind and get back to enjoying life.

I've been qulting a couple of my own quilts but can't seem to get the binding completed so hopefully that will be soon.

In the meantime, everyone is wanting quilts done!  Must be getting ready for Christmas.  So today I completed a very precious quilt for a five year old granddaughter of a special client.  Kelly asked me to embroider her name on the quilt as well.  That was a first on my Bernina since I've gotten embroidery but it turned out great and was a good challenge.  Rose loves purple so although the quilt does not have purple in it, the finished product looks beautiful.


Here's a close up of the embroidery:


The fabric is by Riley Blake and the quilt was quilted with 40 weight Signature cotton thread.  the embroidery was completed using Isacord.  The quilting is a design by Tracy with whirlsnswirlsquilting.  You can find her designs on youtube.  They are great!  I believe Tracy uses an APQS longarm; I use my Bernina sit-down.  Here are a few close ups of the quilting.  I also threw in some occasional feathers.




I just love this design; it is fast and cute.

I was a little nervous about the backing: a minky by Shannon Fabrics..  I haven't used minky much but it was fantastic!   No slipping or anything and the quilting shows up well.   I am thrilled with how this turned out.



Kelly is happy and is now waiting for the second one for grand daughter Joy.  My boys are going hunting this weekend so I hope to get a good bit accomplished.  

Join me today as I link up my finish with http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com

Have a great weekend!

9 comments:

  1. Penny, lovely quilting! Tracey would be pleased! Can I share this on her Facebook page?? I missed meeting her by >this< much in Houston! :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting is beautiful on this darling quilt. I had to go sketch it out, and it is a fun as it looks. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the way your quilting shows on both the front and back--and the back looks so cuddly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your quilting is spectacular! I really like the Rose, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's incredible - what a gorgeous quilt and the name embroidery is really lovely - that's going to be one very happy little girl come Christmas :)

    ReplyDelete