Monday, November 23, 2015

New Colors of Christmas!

As I look at this this gorgeous Christmas tree skirt which was brought to me for quilting,  I am amazed how much the colors of Christmas have changed from traditional red, green and gold, to include purples, turquoise, light blues, pink and probably any other color one would like to include.

It is wonderful to see how unique each individual is as they decorate for the season.  And colors are beautiful no matter what they may be.

This tree skirt will be given to a new mom and dad celebrating their first Christmas with a baby in the home.  Grandma is ecstatic!



At the request of the owner, the border was quilted simply, yet elegantly, with large flowing feathers in the outside body of the skirt.  A  light lavender Isacord 40 weight thread was used.




After stitching around each appliquéd snowflake, I did simple snowflakes and loops in the center with the same thread.

I think the owner used something from her stash for the back but it actually blends well with the thread.



The feathers show up nicely on the back.



Oh my, Christmas is approaching quickly!  I hope you are ready with all your quilty gifts!



2 comments:

  1. That is such a nice gift for a new family! Almost have my gifts ready, but only one is handmade this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful tree skirt. I love your feather quilting and the touch of silver and gold in the fabrics.

    ReplyDelete