Monday, February 1, 2016

Gray, Teal & Beautiful!


Gray, Teal & Beautiful (my name for it) is the final quilt from Awesome Grandma who made one for each of her grandchildren for Christmas.  This quilt was very simple but stunningly beautiful. 


I used a design from Tracey with Whirls & Swirls Quilting again but added other motifs as well using a light gray 50 weight Aurifil thread..  This is the second of only two quilts for granddaughters.  This design was chosen because it gave me a "girly" feel and has swirls and movement that blended with the teal fabric.



The backing is the same beautiful teal used on the front.  


Here are photo of the other quilts I have quilted for these very blessed children, two of whom are still to arrive from the Congo.  You can read about each quilt in prior posts.  Each quilt was made with flannel, front and back, and the designs and fabric were specific for each child.  













This was so neat.  Grandma said each of the children just loved their quilts and some of them would not put them down.  What a blessing!

Have a great week; I will be linking up with some of the linky parties on my side bar.  Join me to see all the wonderful creativity!


3 comments:

  1. Stunning. Beautiful, beautiful quilting, Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these quilts are amazing, but that last one is my favorite--I think because of the colors and the unique design that shows off your quilting beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a sweet quilt. I love the whimsical quilting design. What an awesome grandma.

    ReplyDelete