Friday, February 16, 2018

Curvy Log Cabin Bright and Bold,

I call this Curvy Log Cabin quilt Bright and Bold for an obvious reason!  It is!!!!

Isn't it gorgeous?  This is the second Curvy Log Cabin I have quilted and it's amazing how different the quilt top is depending upon the artist.  The first I did was primarily purple and white.  What a "wow" quilt!

Bright and Bold was quilted completely different.  We started out with Peg's own batting, Warm and Natural.  Then we picked out some wild thread that blended with the quilt.  Is this not awesome?!?!  
Actually, the threads blended in beautifully.  They are both Isacord, 40 weight tri-lobal polyester threads.  They went beautifully with this quilt.  We used the green in the main body and orange in the border.  

Rather than quilting each section of the pinwheel design, we decided upon an easier allover design.  In this case the quilter, Peg, chose curls as she loves them.  So the main body has curls throughout and it turned out beautifully!

Peg left the rest of the quilt up to me.  I decided to stitch in the ditch around the inner border and then had some fun with rulers on the outer.  I had pushed this design into the back of my memory but it was brought to the forefront again when I perused part of a ruler work class recently done by Patsy Thompson.  I tweeked it to fit this quilt and.......oooooooo la la!  Love it!  After marking the design, I used my trusty Line Tamer Ruler to stitch it all out.  




The corner design really makes it unique!


Finally, you probably can't see much of the quilting on the back, but is this not the coolest fabric?  I love it!

I hope you enjoyed Peg's Curvy Log Cabin, "Bright and Bold".  It is truly is a dynamic quilt!

Be sure to check me out on Facebook at Penny Olive, Free Motion Quilting Educator!

2 comments:

  1. So pretty. I love the contrast between curvy and ruler work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool. I just bought this pattern and the ruler, and can't wait to start on this quilt. Your quilting gave me lots of ideas. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete