Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Casper Free Motion Quilting Class

What a weekend!  Saturday was FANTASTIC!  This was the day of my first free motion quilting basic class at Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing in Casper.  Class started at 10:00 and lasted until 4:00 so we left the house at  6am.  I had twelve awesome students and our time was absolutely fantastic.  Everyone progressed and we had an absolute blast.  One lady even drove two hours away from Riverton!  I was also able to meet the new store educator, Nancy.

After a full day of teaching, we headed home and arrived back at our humble abode about 8pm.  I was so thankful my husband chose to go with me.  No, he didn't stay at the store, he spent some wonderful out of doors time with friends.

 I will be going up for another basic class in June and either an advanced or feather's class in July.  We plan to let the students decide which they would like first.



The classroom was huge!  We made use of the white board, videos and even live instruction on the Tiara!  My husband is astounded at my increased knowledge of technology.


The ladies were VERY focused.




But we had fun too!  Success!





No, I don't have leprosy, I was in the middle of showing the importance of knowing the right and wrong side of needle punched batting.

I sooooo thoroughly enjoy teaching and Saturday was no exception.  Thanks to Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing for having me.  They were great!

My next post will be on my newly updated studio!!!!  Almost done.








1 comment:

  1. What a fun post! Sounds like it was an excellent time. That classroom was huge. Nice to see you in action. :D

    ReplyDelete