Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Falling Leaves

Falling leaves is complete and is already back in the hands of the owner.  I had a great time quilting this quilt.  The formal name from the pattern is "Windswept"by Patchwork Studios. I was right on target with the title because the fabric is called Falling Leaves by Northcott.

Photos never do justice  but here is the completed quilt hanging:

The quilt is so big it is hard to see the quilting so I have included some close up shots:

Here is the center panel done with swirls in the background.  In order to blend colors with the background I actually switched from dark orange, to light orange to yellow as needed.  All the appliquéd leaves were highlighted with vines as well.  


I followed parts of the quilting from the pattern and did some straight lines as well using my Handiquilter rulers.




And finally, the borders using more straight line quilting, leaves and "s" curves.




I am very pleased with the results and the owner is thrilled.

Tomorrow I will be teaching a Bernina computer interface and BSR (Bernina Stitch Regulator) class over at Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing and Friday is Quilt Club!  

May God bless you richly and lead you in all wisdom and understanding to proclaim His name and accomplish His purpose.  












3 comments:

  1. This quilt is gorgeous! I love the swirls in the background and how you matched the thread colors. I can see why your client is thrilled. I want to try the connected swirls sometime.

    And I wanted to tell you that I found an etsy site that has the fabric you liked. Send me an email and I can give you the info. quilt dot kisses at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Penny, that's beautiful!!! wish I could do things like that...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Monica. And you would be surprised what you can do!!

    ReplyDelete