Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Mondo Bag

I never dreamed I would be posting before next week but I had such an awesome time with my quilting friend, Kelly, today that I just had to make a post.  We spent all morning working on our Mondo Bags(pattern by Quiltsmart).  The outer bag uses a preprinted fusible interfacing on which you attach 2 1/2" squares.  Unless you choose differently, the lining uses 1 1/4 yards of fabric fused to batting.   There are 12 major steps and we only made it through the first four so we will be getting together at least one more time to complete the bag.  I had a wonderful time sewing on my new Bernina 350PE.  It is sweet!


I used a Floribunda jelly roll by Benartex to make four of these rectangles which will form the outer Mondo bag.  The back tan fabric is what I planned to use for my lining but I may still change my mind on that.  The two strips in the front are what I plan to use for my handles.  My friend will be gone for a week but I hope we can get together  soon after her return to complete our bag.  It is great for carrying quilts for show and tell.  

I hope to spend next week working on a complete remodeling of my sewing room!  I hope I can get it done in one week.  My remodel will include new cabinets, a new paint job, new blinds and some moving around.  I can't wait!  I have four quilts tops waiting for quilting so I need to get with it!

Have an awesome Wednesday!


1 comment: