Friday, April 15, 2016

Flannel With Feathers

Linda's Flannel with Feathers!



Another beautiful quilt by Linda!   And just in time:  we are under a winter storm watch with 6"-12" of the white stuff expected!  Yes, this is April 15th!  We were in the 70s yesterday!

Flannel with feathers measures approximately 47.5" x 77".  It was quilted with Aurifil 50 weight thread in a variegated black.  That was a bold choice but it turned out gorgeous.  The black is mixed with a bit of gray and white.  It was quilted with a type of nemesh feathering but I changed it up just a bit.



The back is a very light gray so the quilting stood out in bold fashion!


Linda was very happy with the final results and looks forward to snuggling up in it this weekend.

As a side note, I'm looking forward to doing a Fantastic Feathers class tomorrow over at 
Blakeman Vacuum & Sewing---if it isn't canceled due to the "white stuff".  I'm even more excited this time as I will be implementing my new document camera by IPEVO for drawing designs instead of the old fashioned white board on an easel that keeps falling down.  Yay!  So we've gone from this:



to this:!

AND......Blakeman's has opened a third store, this one in Boulder, Colorado.  I will be teaching a basic class there next Saturday and then another in May.  

Soooooo.....I've been warming up my fingers to do some drawing and demonstrating.  In truth, I was just having fun!  Don't you love playing with designs?






And finally, the quilt club I host met over at Blakeman's recently and some of the show and tell projects were fantastic!  Daenette showed this foot pad she made for a sewing machine from shelving  plastic and 1 1/2 jelly roll strips.  I WILL be making one of these!


Joy did her cat quilt as an "in the hoop" project:
What a fantasti quilt!

And Mary Ellen's table runner was cute as a button:

Well, that's my quilty life!  Come join me at Finish it up Friday here:  http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com or pick a button from my side bar and enjoy the quilty fun.   Have a super weekend!

3 comments:

  1. I don't think I would have been brave enough to use blackish thread, but it is absolutely beautiful! Thanks for showing close-ups of your beautiful feathers. Have fun teaching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks like a gorgeous quilt - the quilting really enhances what is a fairly simple block/quilt. Beautifully done, I might have to do lots of practise doodling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, Jasmine has read my mind! But I love the outcome. The back of the quilt is pretty enough to make it reversible. I have to get back to doodling, too. I have a document camera at school and I'd love to teach quilting using one, but I'm so outdated that I still haul my overhead projector around. Ahh, technology is just too expensive for poor quilters. Enjoy your white stuff!

    ReplyDelete