Monday, February 23, 2015

Back quilting!

It is soooo good to have my family feeling well again.  This cold season hit us hard the past week and a half.  We are pretty much recovered and I am enjoying getting towards the end of quilting my pronghorn antelope.  It has been quite the task.  I have no idea why I save the most complex and time-consuming quilting for my own quilts.  But it has been fun and I think hubby will be pleased with the final product.  Hopefully the quilting will be complete by the end of the week.  Here's a quick look at how the outside blocks are being finished.  You can check prior posts to put it in focus.

I think the rays in the corner blocks will mimic some of the quilting in the top portion of the panel.  Still need to quilt 1/4" inside the yellow as well.  

One reason the antelope is on the block to get done is that I just received another client quilt to complete so this will be up next for quilting.  Oooooh, what fun!

And, I needed some new creativity and sooooo wanted to do some sewing on Nina, so I started these this morning.

I believe this line is called Rebecca by Windham Fabrics.  I had a jelly roll and some left over strips from my Shadow Box Quilt.  So if I can do two or three a day, it shouldn't take long.  I absolutely LOVE this fabric.  My colors to the "T".  

Oh it is so good to be back blogging again.  The best news received since my respite is that we are going to have a new little girl added to our extended family.  That means I get to make baby girl quilts!!!  THAT is exciting!

Have a most blessed week!  As we approach the end of February, consider how quickly time passes (even more quickly for some). We never know when our last breath will be taken.  As we rush about this week in all our busy-ness, consider where you might spend eternity.



4 comments:

  1. Baby girl quilts are exciting! I'm glad you're feeling better. Your husband's quilt is looking awesome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! My original class is now two separate classes. One for information and practice pieces, and another for the baby quilt. Have you suggested using the small pieces for placemats or quilted bags?

      Delete
    2. Awesome, Jasmine; I love the baby quilt. Excellent ideas,on the sandwiches. Thank you. Most of my students seem to think their work is not good enough to put in public. However, I have suggested sewing up the sides and filling the top with thread and scraps for small dog and cat beds. I would like your feedback on this idea, though. I have a one day class coming up 2 1/2 hours away in March. I am adjusting the material covered to fit in to 5 hours. My thinking is to combine it with a Landscape 101 type class. As we learn designs, put them on a sandwich (i.e. wavy circles at the top for a cloud, stars or something below in loops, butterflies in loops below that. At the bottom, fire-like lines for grass and coming out of the grass, flowers with petals and leaves. IF they want, feathers as a border. Then, show them fabric color crayons and suggest as a coloring page for children. Headset and do whatever. I would bring a sample. A child would not be particular and it would be a great keepsake. You have young children, could you see that working?

      Delete
    3. Oops, under the fabric crayons I meant "heat set"

      Delete