Monday, February 2, 2015

Pronghorn Antelope Quilt

I love this quilt!  We live in Wyoming where these pronghorn antelope abound.  My husband loves the Wyoming wildlife so I made this quilt for him as I he wanted his OWN quilt.


It has been sandwiched for months but I have not gotten to the quilting.  SOOOOOOOO, while I await information from Nikki to complete her Memory Quilt, and while I await the binding fabric for my Garden Party, and while I am finishing the piecing of the backing for the Shadow Box Quilt, I am ready to sit down on occasion and quilt the pronghorns.

I started last night and did some outlining and texturing on the antelope.  I also completed one side of the wood grain with a tree bark design.  I think this will turn out gorgeous.

As I try to get all these unfinished projects complete, I think of some words of wisdom shared yesterday during a prayer time with the women in our fellowship.  The words had to do with our prayer life needing to be like paper bags versus plastic.  Just like we are asked such small and simple questions like: "Would you like paper or plastic?", so we should have that type of fellowship with our Lord Jesus, seeking His direction in every area of our life.  And that's why I am working soooo hard to get these projects complete.  Quilt bloggers have inspired me greatly this new year and I have been greatly convicted to get with it and enjoy finishing my gorgeous accomplishments.  So I can start new ones!!  :)

A verse of encouragement for today regarding the mighty awesome God who created this world and everything in it:
Thus says the Lord who made it, the Lord who formed it to establish it (the Lord is His name):
Call to Me, and I will answer you, and show you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
Jeremiah 33:3

Have an awesome week and enjoy the presence of the Lord!

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing and manly quilt. I wish you the best with all your finishing.

    ReplyDelete