Saturday, January 31, 2015

Nikki's Memory Quilt

It's 6:40am Mountain time and the back to Nikki's quilt is COMPLETE!  Yay!  That's means once I add maybe just a couple of appliqué pieces on the front and perhaps some words of memory as well, it will be time to quilt.  This is the first time I have been extremely particular with the interfacing and after quite a bit of research, I picked out Pellon SF101.  It was definitely more expensive than I am used to but it is a fantastic product.  I feel very good that the T-shirts in the backing are secure.  Before I put this under my Sweet Sixteen, I will be sure to  make a small sandwich with fabrics from the top and back.  It may be a little tricky adjusting the tension with cotton on the top and knit on the back.  (Check out my previous posts for pics of the quilt top)  A very simple motif is what I am planning for the quilting so as not to stress the top fabrics too much.  Perhaps simple flowers in an all-over design?  Or swirls?  Hearts?  The front pieces seem to indicate Linda enjoyed flowers  I am staying away from back-tracking on this quilt.  Am I excited?  Of course!  This is awesome!  And I think Nikki will be very happy.




Have a great Saturday!  I will be headed over to Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing  this morning to teach my free motion quilting class.  Be blessed and filled with the love and life of Jesus!

1 comment: