Wednesday, January 21, 2015

I did a little more work this morning on my unfinished Garden Party quilt.  Flowers and hearts!  Two of my three most favorite free motion quilting designs.


The hearts will go in the sashing and borders all around the quilt.  That will take a little time so it may be a while before we see this quilt posted again.  In the meantime, I will also be doing some more piecing of Nikki's quilt and hopefully show the finished middle section of the quilt by the weekend.

So why do so many women love hearts and flowers?  I think it's because God, in the beginning of creation, gave us such a nurturing heart, a heart of love.  So we love to nurture and care for our children, our family and.....flowers!  Most women LOVE to receive flowers on February 15th!  

Unfortunately, sin darkened the heart of all mankind, resulting in many unfortunate conditions in the world today and a true love that is hard to find.  But with the redeeming power of God, we can have a new heart that again loves to love and nurture.  A love that is only received through an intimate relationship with a living, righteous and Holy God. 

How beautiful is that?!

1 comment:

  1. I love the quilting on this. I would not have thought to quilt a flower in the middle of the big flowers. It will be stunning. And I have also had fun quilting hearts like that before.

    ReplyDelete