Saturday, January 17, 2015

Memory Quilt

Today was the second class of my four-part free motion quilting class down at Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing.  I had a blast.  It is so fun to see women enjoy the art and feel like they are succeeding.  Then I went to the end of a retreat some friends were having and took some hand work along to see if I could complete my first finish of 2015.  Well.....not yet.  But soon!

I got to sew with a wonderful quilting friend last night.  My husband cannot understand how I can have to go to bed by 9pm during the week but can all of a sudden stay up past midnight sewing and visiting and feel wonderful.  Men!  They just don't understand!

So last night I was able to get more blocks completed for Nikki's quilt.  I have a total of 24 complete but should be able to get about 40 total.  So 16 more to go.  That will make the center of the quilt approximately 40 x 64.  While finishing up the blocks I am pondering what to do for a border.  I would like to see the final quilt be about 50 x 70:  a good lap size.  The preliminary plan is to use the knits in the bag Nikki sent along with a few more from the box.  There is a beautiful blue jean shirt that would look lovely.  It would be nice to complete the top with no stabilizer.  


I think I like this traditional layout better than the first one I shared.  I would love your input if you have any other ideas.  

In my conversation with Nikki, I learned she was very close to her mother, Linda.

Do they have the same chin or what???  Like mother like daughter.  :)

AND......

I also learned Linda and her husband have five daughters.  The baby shown in the first picture of Linda from a prior post is Nikki's baby, one of Linda's five grandchildren.  

And, surprise, Linda, your heritage will continue even further as Nikki is now carrying grand baby number six!

I believe Linda would join me in praying that all of her children and grandchildren would grow to be mighty arrows in the Kingdom of God.




No comments:

Post a Comment