Tuesday, January 20, 2015

My husband and I both get up early in the morning (5:15am) to have some quiet time.  Today, these are some scriptures I read as I finish up the book of Psalm:

Cause me to hear Your lovingkindness in the morning,
For in You do I trust;
Cause me to know the way in which I should walk,
For I life up my soul to You.
                                                         Psalm 143:8

Thank you Lord, for the quiet moments in the morning when I can thank you for the breath of life, for another day of living, for the creation you have made and for another day of knowing that You are in control of EVERYTHING.  Please show me how to use my time wisely, what I should do, and how I might reach out in love to those you put in my paths.  


Yes, I am one of those avid quilters who mean well but have LOTS of unfinished projects.  I have been inspired by many bloggers and am working hard to complete several of my UFOs.  Most of the time I get in the middle of something and then someone needs a quilt completed so I put my project down and then can't seem to get back to it.  This is one of them:

It is the Garden Party tutorial from MSQC and is made using charm packs from Audra's Iris Garden.  It is so very simple and yet I love the color coordination.  It will be perfect for spring.  

I got the idea for quilting the blocks from a motif I saw on a Robert Kaufman fabric used in a table runner I was quilting for a client.  I put it in to a quilting design and expanded it for these blocks.  I really, really like the motif.  It's perfect.


Here is a look at the back:

I am using So Fine on the front in a very light purple.  It is blending in with all the colors.  And an olive green Premo Soft by Fil-Tec for the back to blend in the with the daisies.  

The sashing and border will be a surprise!

Hope to get the blocks for Nikki's quilt done this afternoon!












No comments:

Post a Comment