Monday, January 26, 2015

G'day mate!  Yes, we are tennis enthusiasts here in Wyoming and have indeed been viewing the Australian Open.  Yesterday day was Australia Day (comparable to our Fourth of July) and the costumes were quite comical.  The tennis has been magnificent.

So this morning I had a bee in my bonnet and planned with all my might to finish my garden party quilt.  Hurray!  Hurrah!  I did!  Just finished taking photos so I decided to make a post.  Some register markings still need to be removed and the binding needs to be put on so it is not yet a complete finish, but that should arrive by weekend.  Once I get the binding sewed on the top, it will be time to get back to Nikki's quilt while hand sewing the binding in the evening.  Think it may just get thrown in the washer for the markings to get taken out.  Yay!

So here it is:



My previous post shows the quilting design on the flowers.  The bordered half-flowers were quilted with a feathered wreath and the last border was back to the hearts. It almost gives the appearance of being three-dimensional because of the heart quilting in the sashings.


The back:

I love it!  So thrilled!  This was a no-brainer for the piecing (other than the half-flower border)  but I think the quilting has made it.  I am just about up to my next challenge.  Perhaps my first tutorial: the flower design in the center of each block?  Is anyone interested?

Have a great week and be encouraged:  God is in control!  Be anxious for nothing!




3 comments:

  1. Great quilting and I agree it really makes the quilt!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quilting is amazing as always! I would love a tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The quilting on this looks great! I love how it all looks together.

    ReplyDelete