Thursday, January 29, 2015

Nikki's Memory Quilt

I am SOOOOOOO excited.  The backing on Nikki's quilt is going together nicely.  It's always tough figuring things out as you go and not working from a pattern or a known amount of fabric.  I put the two themed T-shirts together as a panel and then surrounded them with the light knit border.  Take a look:


A dark blue outer border will hopefully go on tomorrow.  I should have JUST ENOUGH fabric to go all the way around.  And that will finish the backing.  I think Nikki will like it.

On another note, I did not have enough fabric to complete the binding on my Garden Party quilt (see earlier post) and could not find anything to match at the local quilt store, so believe it or not, I received an email yesterday from Craft Town Fabrics who had the fabric on sale YESTERDAY ONLY for 50%.  Could not believe it!  God is good!  So it's on the way and I should have it early  next week.  We'll get a second 2015 finish done yet!

Have a super evening!


No comments:

Post a Comment