Friday, January 30, 2015

Shadow Box Quilt

Thrilled with my shadow box quilt!  As I wait for Joann's to open so I can buy more interfacing for Nikki's Memory Quilt (See my prior posts to learn about Nikki's quilt),  I am piecing the backing for my shadow box.  This is Sooooooo neat AND easy.  I used green scraps I wanted to move out but still liked and it turned out fantastic! One of my students did it in appropriate colors for a Veteran's quilt.  This is a project from 2014 so I am looking forward to a finish for 2015.

Perhaps some type of unique wreath in the center of each block?  Some sporadic modern quilting?  Just not sure.  I usually get ideas while doing the sandwiching.



Tomorrow is my final session for my four part series of basic free motion quilting down at Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing.  So sad!  But I start another class Thursday; this one will be an afternoon class. I am also looking forward to my second Fantastic Feathers class in February.   Yay!

Have a super dee duper Friday and and awesome weekend.

3 comments:

  1. I love the 3-D effect on these quilts. I look forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Penny - your shadow box quilt turned out really wonderful - I love the fabrics you chose! Whoop Whoop for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it! Great choice for the border!

    ReplyDelete