Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Nikki's Memory Quilt

Nikki's beautiful memory of her mother, Linda, is now preserved in her quilt top.  But I have several more fabrics to use in the backing.  They were all cut up last night while our family was watching the Australian Open tennis tournament (the female Americans were fabulous).  The remaining fabrics are primarily knit in fashion.  Here are the solid colors:



There was also this gorgeous knit:


On the front of that gorgeous top there was this glitter stud embellishment:
I may have to save this as a possible for adding to the quilt top.  I could appliqué it and then work around the appliqué when I quilt.

There were also these two themed prints:

I will definitely use the entire print of each of these on the back.  So the blocks may not actually be square.  I may have to work around Mickey and make him the center of the back.

Linda's simplicity definitely abounds in the selection of her clothing colors:  navy blue and gray.  Simplicity is good.  I believe we would all be less stressed with more simplicity in our lives.

So later today I plan to visit our friend Joann for some interfacing.  I did some researching last night and Pellon SF101 seems to be the favorite among t-shirt quilters.  It is so important that the back holds it shape and the knits do not move when free motion quilting begins.  

In closing, I was reading the book of Proverbs in my quiet moments this morning.  Specifically Proverbs 5 and 6.  In Chapter 6, verses 16-19, I was reminded of how righteous God is and how much I fall short.  That chapter also reminded me how my tongue quite often gets in the way and causes difficulty in my life and the lives of others.  God's desire is for a pure heart and an undefiled tongue.  Praise God for redemption through Jesus for without him I would truly be without hope.  Although God's desire is for me to continue to draw close to Him, he covers my failures with the blood of Jesus and sees them no more.  He promises that as I submit to Him, He will cause me to walk in His ways.  Unfortunately, he drives out my enemies little by little but that's where we get to learn dependence on Him alone, moment by moment.  Pretty heavy stuff.

May each of you have a most blessed and glorious day as we give thanks in EVERYTHING.


















No comments:

Post a Comment