Monday, January 19, 2015

First finish of 2015

What an absolutely fantastic day.  I am Soooooooo blessed! I love my family so much!

We headed to the mountains early this morning to take my soon to be adult son for his first snowboarding lesson.  He has practiced nearby but nothing formal. While my awesome son was snowboarding, hubby and I went back in to town to toodle around.  And of course.....I hit the quilt stores.  It was a most relaxing day.  While driving, I was able to complete the binding on my first finish for 2015!!!!  Yay!  My snowman table runner!



After much quandary, I decided to put a a snowflake stencil in the light blue areas but it did not show up much at all.  So I thread painted inside the stencil.  I like the way it turned out.  The whole runner was designed to be somewhat primitive.  And for us, I can use it into March.  Actually, we can get snow in June.  But I won't talk about that :)

This week will find me teaching my first class over at Blakeman Vacuum and Sewing on using the Bernina Stitch Regulator.  I am still finishing preparation for teaching that class.  So I hope to get back to Nikki's quilt by the end of the week.  And maybe another finish for 2015!  

Have a marvelous week all!







No comments:

Post a Comment