Friday, October 9, 2015

Zipper Pouches & Pin Cushions

I'm teaching a My Bernina class for new Bernina owners over at Blakeman Vacuum & Sewing in Cheyenne.   The ladies asked me to  end the series with a project so they can put their education to use.  So we chose to do an easy zipper pouch.  I spent some time this week coming with design options.  My first is a simple zipper pouch in two colors with a 2" squared bottom:




The next was the same pouch but I added two vinyl pockets inside AND added some decorative stitching on the contrast fabric:





The last one was made a few inches shorter and longer plus I covered it with vinyl and added vinyl pockets inside.  I did some decorative stitches on the diagonal prior to adding the vinyl but did NOT square the bottom.



This one is actually my favorite.  The vinyl was a little bit of a challenge  but I love how it turned out.

So that was it!  I was done:  here are all three pouches together:

Goal accomplished!


But wait!  An "aha" moment!  Then I thought:  I could use the scraps and make some mini pin cushions to go with each of these zipper pouches and they would make great Christmas gifts!  I've never made a tiny pin cushion but it's been on the "try it" list for some time.  So that's what I did!!!




I love zipper pouches!  They are so easy to whip up and only take about an hour of time while using up more of my never-ending stash.  I have one zipper pouch alone in which I store my Wonder Clips. And the mini pin cushions?  Well, "addictive" might be a good adjective!


I am thrilled with my fantastic finishes this week.  Join me over at http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com for more great finishes!  Have  a magnificent weekend!  God is faithful and He is truly good.  We are blessed.

4 comments:

  1. Great little projects and a perfect way for your students to get to know their sewing machines. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Ramona. A nice break from big quilts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun pouches. And I really like the changes you have made to your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute idea to make little pincushions to go with the pouches! Fun!!

    Happy sewing ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete