Friday, October 2, 2015

Raspberry Pie Quilt

Another customer quilt and this quilt was totally my style of quilting:  simple and feathers!  It was a lovely and relaxing size--about 45" x 65".  I felt like I was on Christmas break!  I call it Raspberry Pie because all the colors of pink, red, rose and burgundy remind me of those luscious raspberries we picked this past weekend.  My last post was all about my that excursion with my husband and the resulting delights.  By the way, the pie was delicious!

So here is Raspberry Pie:



The center of the quilt was simple, with loops and whimsical hearts:




The first border was quilted separately with loops in the middle of it:



And the outer border?  Well, need I say more?  Gorgeous, luscious, feathers!  The border was busy but the Signature varigated 40 weight thread that was selected went lovely with it and helped the feathers stand out a bit.




Here is a glimpse of the two borders together:


What a lovely quilt; the owner was VERY happy, and for that I am thankful.  Raspberry Pie was slightly nostalgic for me as it brought to mind many memories of all the quilts I have completed since beginning my journey of free motion quilting.  You see, Raspberry Pie was the very last quilt I completed on my Handiquilter Sweet 16.  Once she was complete, my Sweet 16 was disconnected, given a final cleanup and set quietly against the wall awaiting to be picked up and adopted by a new home.   She served her time well and I will miss her greatly but am now busy becoming familiar with a new friend and companion:  "Princess B".    Princess B is busy completing a quilt that has been in waiting for some time so hopefully next time she will make her initial completion debut.  I am having to get used to stitch regulation because I have always completed quilts manually.  

Isn't quilting such a joy?  It is such a blessing to create and to give, not only to my own family, but to others as well.  I thoroughly enjoy all the free motion quilting I do on my sit down machines. It brings such great joy to see what my own hands can accomplish with a little fabric control.  I hope you thoroughly enjoy your craft as much as I do and use it to bless not only your own life but also the lives of those around you.  

Have an awesome weekend and join me as I visit http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com and http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com to see all the creativity in the blog community.





4 comments:

  1. Quilting is wonderful! And it is such a blessing to give quilts to others.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks darling! I am so intrigued by Princess B. What made you decide on a new machine?

    ReplyDelete