Saturday, January 2, 2021

I’m BACK

 I’m B A C K !!!!


Yes, it’s been some time since my last post; Facebook, YouTube and teaching have been time consuming!  But after taking some time to assess things,  I’ve decided it would be a good thing to major on my blog and YouTube with Facebook being a tool to link individuals to those sites.  

So look for the stories on the quilts I’m doing; some will link to Facebook and YouTube posts but many will not.  

This quilt is something I will be combining with both Facebook AND YouTube and it’s a fantastically fun quilt!

Have you learned the basics of free motion but are afraid to do your designs on a quilt?  Here’s a fun way to get over the fear.

I looked up Jelly Rolly Race quilts on YouTube and found several tutorials on how to complete one.  I picked one from Missouri Star Quilt Company and then pulled out one of their many jelly rolls I had on hand from their Daily Specials.  The one I chose was a Stonehenge from Northcott fabric.  Here’s what I ended up with.


Once it was put together and sandwiched, I started in the center row of the quilt so there wasn’t too much drag and picked a different beginning quilting design for each row.  There were a few more advanced designs added in too.  Here are the results






Of course, I had to add in feathers on the outside border!



The finish is great.  I use this as a sample now when I do my Basic Free Motion Quilting Class.  

I’ll be announcing a quilt along, using the same process, on my upcoming Facebook post; the videos will be on YouTube. You are welcome to join us!

You can find me on Facebook at Penny Olive, Free Motion Quilting Educator and on YouTube.com under Penny Olive.  





3 comments:

  1. Love this idea. Will I be able to do this on my longarm? I really need help controlling my stitching. Thanks, love following you here and on YouTube. Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Linda! Absolute you can do it on your longarm! You can just start at one end and roll it up if you like. I think you would enjoy doing it!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete