Wednesday, April 22, 2015

A gift from a friend, a sneak peek and my fabric stash!

I was so touched recently by a gift that came in the mail from just out of the blue.  Our church hosts a Bible School for young people each year and I had met a delightful and beautiful young lady who lives in another area of the state.  We have had just a small amount of contact over the past year but this recently showed up on my doorstep:
I was so incredibly blessed and encouraged.  All are fat quarters and there are two of each except for the light color, of which there is one.  This is absolutely gorgeous fabric.  I hope to communicate more with her in the future.   She is such an encouragement to me.  So I need suggestions on how I should put this lovely fabric to use.  All total there are two yards and a fat quarter.  I would love your suggestions.  

I haven't finished a project this week but I am making progress on the second quilt for the young boys from Africa.  Here is another peek:

You can see the first peek on my previous post.

And finally, I can't wait!  After remodeling my quilting studio, I still had one area with which I was not pleased.  I'll bet you can guess.  Most of us seem to struggle with this area:

Indeed.  My fabric stash.  I would love to have this in a nice cabinet, slightly larger than what I now have.  When I was brainstorming in the stores a couple of evenings ago with my family, we ran into a couple who are starting a carpentry business.  They attend a Christ-Centered 12-step group taught by my husband and are a super couple.  So they came by last night to get the dimension and give me a price.  We are planning something about 31" wide, 15" deep and as high as that closet it will stand beside.  I can't wait; what a blessing!

Have a great Wednesday!  I will be headed over to help some young ladies sew this afternoon.




1 comment:

  1. My brother's pinwheel quilt came from fat quarters. And I'm excited about your new cabinet.

    ReplyDelete