Friday, April 17, 2015

Quilts for boys from Africa

For the first time I can say I have a fabulous fantastic finish for Friday!  Not just a tongue twister but a pretty tricky thing for me to do with quilting as well.  However, this week's finish is actually not mine, it is for the grandmother of two young boys being adopted from Africa.  She has made them each wonderfully fun quilts for this Christmas.  I don't think there is any danger of them checking my blog so she was comfortable with me showing them.  So here is one complete done in a block style:

It's a little hard to see but I don't have a place to hang it up inside, no one is home besides me, and I don't want to take a photo outside right now:

So here are some close-ups.  I quilted each block separately as it did not seem to lend itself to allover quilting.  They are still hard to see but I did loops, circles, wishbone, ribbon candy, dot & dash and even just followed the diagonal lines on the multicolor rectangle and square just below.  The blue sashing is all done in swiggles and there was a LOT.  







The back is the bicycles and it is pretty busy so I didn't take a photo of it.  This quilt is just plain fun and it was fun to quilt too!

I am working on the second now but here is a preview of one block:

It may take longer than expected but I like the results.  Have a happy Friday!






4 comments:

  1. The quilt is bright and beautiful. I love seeing how you quilted it. The dot dash looks really neat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all that different quilting. What color thread did you use? Did you change it for each type of block? And did you stitch in the ditch? I like the dot dash too as well as the e's and l's.

    ReplyDelete