Thursday, April 30, 2015

Baby Quilt for July Newborn & Downton Abbey

I probably have more unfinished quilts than anyone in the WORLD!  I guess that is partly because I contract out to quilt individual quilt tops but don't want to put my own down.  This time I have a post of both:  a new baby quilt I just finished and a new Downton Abbey quilt just brought for quilting.

It is so exciting to finally have a baby girl in the extended family so I can quilt a GIRL quilt.  And quilt I will.  She is scheduled to arrive July 4th, but we all know how THAT goes.  So this one will be a priority to get quilted.  I used the My Sunshine line by Riley Blake and absolutely love it.  This little girl will be getting PINK!


AND, this Downton Abbey quilt was just brought to me.  It is quite beautiful; the owner  is an amateur movie maker and is planning to complete a documentary on the program and the fabric line and tie it together with a historical theme.  She is also considering entering this quilt in a quilt show.  So I will not be moving fast on this one:  "awesome quilting" will be my focus.  First steps will be to do some stitching in the block ditches to make sure everything lays flat.  I hope to get this one sandwiched this afternoon.



I will be linking up this week over at myquiltinfatuation.blogspot.com today and crazymomquilts.blogspot.com on Friday.  Join me for some great blogs!


2 comments:

  1. Love the baby quilt. :) I would be so intimidated quilting for a show. But I'm looking forward to seeing how you quilt it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Downton quilt is pretty, but that baby quilt takes the cake!

    ReplyDelete