Friday, April 24, 2015

Africa Quilt #2

Today's Fabulous Friday Finish is an "almost".  I worked hard and have one block left to quilt so I decided to end my afternoon with a post.  I love this quilt.  Again, I tend to think too hard on the quilting and it is certainly "quilted" but I really like it.  This is Grandma's quilt for her new adopted boys from Africa.  We are praying they will be home soon.  The process sounds like quite an ordeal.  So.......:


The primary colors are just awesome!  Love it! As usual, the complete quilt is difficult to see so I have included some close ups of each block. 

The blue block done with small loops:



The green block quilted with swirls:


The orange block and swiggles:



And the red block with  some modern triangles:

The border is simple but cute and ties in with the fabric:


I have one red block to complete and I will be ready to lay out the Downton Abbey quilt for sandwiching.  More on that next week.  Have a most glorious weekend and if you have kids, enjoy every moment with them.

p.s.  The bid was great!  I will be getting the cabinet for my stash fabric soon!  (see my previous post)















2 comments:

  1. Love the quilting on the orange block! It is so unique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the close-ups of your quilting. The triangles on the red looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete