Monday, April 6, 2015

Customer Baby Quilt

Just finished quilting this adorable baby quilt made by Kelly.  It is sooooo precious!  Here a picture before quilting:
A simple panel but the pieced border really added to it.

So the first thing I did was to free motion embroider the new arrival's name and date of birth. Here is just a bit of the embroider:
I didn't take a picture of the date but here are some stars I put beside the date:



So now for how I quilted the panel.  Oh my goodness these were cute:
I treated the panel like it was pieced blocks and stitched around the perimeter of each block.  Then, most of the time, I outlined the large items in the block.  For the most part that was the bunnies.  Then I quilted around the bunnies.



I added a little texture to the washing bucket:


This block was a little harder to decide what to do so I just outlined everything and then added some tendrils on the left and right.


This was probably the most fun block to become creative on.  I had fun with the little purse (bed).



And finally, the borders:





That's it for this time.  Be sure to take time to think about eternity this week and realize some of the people you see today may not be around next week.  Do they know Jesus as LORD?  Where will they spend eternity?  Those questions have hit home again this week.  Time is short and people matter.  Have a most blessed week and enjoy every moment of it.














4 comments:

  1. Darling! Thanks for all the close-ups. I love seeing your quilting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many different types of quilting. My favorite is the hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. how beautiful! Lucky little one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're so clever. This is so cute. I love the quilting!

    ReplyDelete