Friday, May 22, 2015

A Completed Baby Quilt!!! / Update on Autumn's & Elijah's Quilts

Happy Friday!  It's raining outside, been dreary all week, and not looking any better for the Memorial Day weekend.  But God is good and I thank Him for every blessing.  No flowers planted this weekend!

Today is Elijah's birthday (see prior posts).  A group is going to gather and sing Happy Birthday at the hospital with his mom and dad as representatives.  I am sooooo excited!  I have not entered the hospital at all because my recent cold resulted in a horrific cough.  I am sure it is not contagious but anyone who hears it will run.  But today I don't care.  I am praying God will still the cough and allow me to share in His love with the Lowry family.  You can find an update on Elijah & Autumn here:  elijahandautumn.wordpress.com  Please pray that God will continue to heal both of these kids but also that he would wake Elijah up.  God would you do a miracle today?

Before I update you on the signature quilts being made for Elijah & Autumn, I have a super duper whoop whoop finish.  This is one of my favorite quilts and it's done early. My little niece is due July 4th in San Antonio and this will be awaiting her.  I am sooo excited!  (just realized I say that a lot)


I just love this quilt!  It was quilted with a Signature 40 weight variegated cotton thread in this design:

The back is flannel in a matching Riley Blake fabric:

Here's a close up of the quilting on the back.  I used matching thread;

I am thrilled with how this quilt turned out and may do another for me in Christmas colors.  Can I get a whoop whoop!!!

And here is an update on the quilts for Elijah and Autumn.  I am dedicating my free time to working on the blocks for Elijah's quilt today.  I also have a late night sew with a friend and will hopefully get the blocks done tonight and be ready to start assembling the rows.  

Debbie is working hard on Autumn's quilt and has her colors attached to the background squares.  She sent me some some photos last night; she can't decide on a layout.



I like the stars but Debbie likes the herringbone or hugs pattern.  Can you help us out?  Which would you pick?  It looks awesome Debbie!

Today I will be linking up with Finish it up Friday at http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com and http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com  Come and see what other quilters are up to!

Have a safe and blessed Memorial Day weekend! 











4 comments:

  1. I think the stars would look great if you're going to have writing on the background fabric. It's separate from the other pieces this way. The middle option is nice too though. It's looking great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilting on the baby quilt is super cute. And the funny thing is that I really like the first layout. It is cute and a little unexpected. How wonderful you are doing what you can to support the families.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm no help, Penny! I love them all! Please give my love to Brenna and family.

    Jo Anna Mollman

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm partial to the herringbones, but they are all good. Your finish is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete