Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Elijah & Autumn

Today, I wish I had a quilt, or a tutorial, or fun fabric to post.....but I don't.  Today my heart is heavy, heavy for two young kids literally fighting for life.  My son's childhood friend, Elijah, with whom he spent untold hours reenacting history, sword fighting, playing games, arguing and learning life with, is laying in a hospital bed fighting for his life.  Elijah's girlfriend, Autumn, lays in Denver in critical condition as well.    Elijah is scheduled to attend the University of Wyoming in the fall on a full-ride scholarship.  They are 18 and 19 years old.  Will you please join  me before a holy God and pray for these kids and their families as they face horrific life circumstances?  They stand on the solid rock of a living hope in a resurrected Lord but they need the body of Christ to lift them before the LORD in prayer and encouragement.   Please pray earnestly as our enemy would like no more than to destroy their lives.  Elijah has undergone three surgeries since this past Friday and is currently fighting to come out of a drug-induced coma; to no avail.  Autumn has been in a coma and is facing major facial surgery.  You can find specific prayer requests and learn their story here:

https://elijahandautumn.wordpress.com




Thank you for understanding my heaviness in heart and for joining me in prayer.  

1 comment:

  1. I'm praying for them. Our God is a God of healing and restoration, comfort, and strength!

    ReplyDelete