Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Elijah's and Autumn's Quilt Tops

You can find out about Elijah & Autumn in my previous posts and follow their healing progress here:
https://elijahandautumn.wordpress.com  Please continue to pray for these young people and their families.  Most specifically, pray that God will bring Elijah to full consciousness.

The signature quilt tops planned for Elijah & Autumn are complete and awaiting sandwiching and quilting. Each quilt is designed so that friends and family can write notes of encouragement to each of them in the lighter background fabric.

 Here is Autumn's, which is being made by Debbie in San Antonio:
I love the unique block layout of this quilt and the bright and cheery colors.  If you look closely, it's almost like there is a cross in the middle of the quilt.  Thanks again, Debbie!  Can't wait to see it quilted.

Elijah's quilt is much more classic.  When he was young, Elijah was interested in Scottish dance and he and his family actually took lessons for a period of time.  So I think he will like the plaids in this "hugs and kisses" quilt:
If the family chooses, I will be including some type of wording on the inner border using the lettering on my Nina.  The backing will be pieced in blocks with soft flannels.

So there they are, each unique in their own way, just like Elijah & Autumn.

Have a most blessed week.  Some of my scripture reading today was in the Matthew 18:19 & 20.  These verses seem to fit in so well with Elijah and Autumn and those praying for them:


Again I say to you that if two of you agree on earth concerning anything that they ask, it will be done for them by My Father in heaven.

For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there in the midst of them.
                               Matthew 18:19&20

Father, we agree together as we ask you to bring Elijah to consciousness for YOUR glory to be seen.











3 comments:

  1. Those are beautiful! I know they will love them. I really love Autumn's quilt. The symmetry of the cross really appeals to me. I also love that Elijah's is going to be backed in flannel. It'll be so cozy! Thank you for sharing these with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great quilts! They are sure to be treasured.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with you! These are both so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete