Friday, May 8, 2015

It's Spring! -- No, it's SNOW! / Top Hat / Another Downton Abbey Peek

Yes, this is May 8th.  While most areas in the continental United States are enjoying temperatures in the 70s, 80s and 90s, Wyoming is proud to boast that snow is in the forecast for Saturday and Sunday!!!  Evening temperatures were predicted to get down to 27 degrees Sunday evening.  My tennis tournament has been canceled!!!  I would, however, be negligent if I did not share that the prior two weeks were glorious as temperatures were in the 70s.  As we in Wyoming say, "We have two seasons: July and winter".  In the spirit of spring, I thoroughly enjoyed the view of this flowering crab apple tree from my quilting studio this week.  I hope the freezing temperatures do not kill the buds.


So I have another finish today.......but not totally mine.  Actually this quilt is called "Top Hat" and is for a customer from Nebraska.  I just love the fabric in this quilt and the design is soooooo cute.  So her finish will soon be mine too!

This pattern uses one yard each of five different fabrics.  I will have to add this to my bucket list too; so cute1

Here is a closer look at the fabrics in the blocks:



And the border fabric ties it all together beautifully!
Oops, looks like a little red thread got on the fabric. 

I will be quilting Top Hat with a quick all-over design once Downton Abbey is complete.  


AND......I was also able to get more of Downton Abbey completed yesterday and this morning.  So I thought I would throw in another peak.  These hearts will be in each setting triangle with a rosebud on each side.


And these roses will be in the smaller triangles at the edge of the main block area.  I still have to quilt each of the Downton Abbey logos as well.

Quilt club is this afternoon over at Blakeman Vac and Sew so I am not sure how much more I will get done on this today but I am progressing!

I understand my links did not work last week so I am checking them out before publishing this post this week. I believe this technologically impaired quilter has things figured out.  SO.....today I will be linking up today with  http://crazymomquilts.blogspot.com and  http://confessionsofafabricaddict.blogspot.com.  Join in for some awesome quilts and crafts!!













4 comments:

  1. Your feathers and flowers are beautiful! I love seeing what you are doing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that heart is GORGEOUS!
    Esther
    esthersipatchandquilt at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that's some pretty good stuff coming our of that sweet sixteen! You've got a pretty good handle on it. I love mine to. It takes time to perfect a smooth look. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Ipatchandquilt; I like how that heart turned out too!

    ReplyDelete